British man accused of setting fire to lodge in Chiang Mai

A British man last night was accused of beginning a fireplace at The Y Smart Hotel in Chiang Mai after having a heated argument with a receptionist. Fortunately, six Thai and international friends were rescued from the constructing unhurt.
The hearth broke out at 12.10am at The Y Smart Hotel on Kaeo Nawarat Soi 5 Road within the Wat Kate sub-district close to Chiang Mai Bus Terminal 2 or Arcade Bus Terminal.
Six folks, both international and Thai, were trapped on the third floor of the constructing. They moved to their balconies and waited for help. Firefighters from Chiang Mai Provincial Disaster Preventions and Mitigation Department rapidly arrived on the scene and managed to extinguish the hearth in half-hour and rescue the six trapped victims. All of them had been reported unharmed.
According to the rescue group, the fire started in room number 203 on the second floor. The receptionist on obligation, Sahasawat, stated that the room was rented by a 27 yr previous British man who was staying alone within the hotel.
Sahasawat further reported that the man argued with him at the reception counter round 10pm, although the primary points of the difficulty were not disclosed. As the man was intimidating, Sahasawat fled from the counter and hid from him. Then, the British visitor returned to his room, packed his belongings, and left the hotel before the fire broke out.
Sahasawat returned to his duty and purchased towels for the guests on the third ground. While strolling past Proven , he observed a lot of smoke coming out of room 203. Upon investigation, he discovered the room was dark and full of smoke.
Unfortunately, the second flooring of the hotel was destroyed by the blaze, and the quantity of loss is currently underneath investigation.
Officers from Mae Ping Mueang Chiang Mai Police Station are looking for the British man for additional questioning..

Leave a Comment