Police arrest 78 protesters, bystanders, medics and minors

Last night, protesters and crowd management police met at Din Daeng in a heated confrontation that resulted in seventy eight individuals being arrested including bystanders, volunteer medics, and even underage people. Those who have been taken into custody have been held in a quantity of completely different police amenities, and the Thai Lawyers for Human Rights noticed and reported on the arrests.
They said 20 folks taken into custody weren’t protesting but had been meals vendors and taxi drivers on-site, and that one other 9 of the seventy eight folks arrested have been minors. The nearly every day protests at Din Daeng demanding the resignation of PM Prayut Chan-o-cha resulted in a minimum of 225 arrests in August with 62 of them being between 15 and 18 years outdated, and 15 beneath the age of 15.
Child’s play took 25 volunteer medics into custody last evening and transferred them from the Royal Thai Army Band Department headquarters to Din Daeng Police Station earlier than lastly releasing them this afternoon with none charges. Police denied those held entry to a lawyer saying they weren’t being charged with something so they didn’t want one. The medics have been informed to register with Metropolitan Police and observe curfew in the future.
The police also denied attorneys access to the police station which was arrange like a war zone with armed guards in bulletproof vests, surrounded with razor wire, and the lights inside turned off.
During the evening’s protest, police fired tear fuel and rubber bullets on the protesters who in turn threw small explosives and firecrackers again. The tear gasoline was ramped up quarter-hour before the 9 pm curfew attempting to disperse protesters and it was reported that tear gasoline was additionally fired into close by homes inflicting angry residents to come out of their homes the place they were threatened with arrest for breaking curfew.
iLaw and Voice TV reported that police surrounded an condo building and looked for protesters inside while pelting the building with marbles rubber bullets and tear gas to flush out the protesters. The building suffered important damage and residents inside had to go away their homes and seek sanctuary elsewhere.
Many journalists reported being pushed to leave the areas, having their credentials checked while having their stay broadcasts cut. Many reported being threatened with arrest for violating the emergency decree while masking the protest..

Leave a Comment